The Forbidden City.

Yyeeeooowwwwww!

Its good to be mortally alive in this virtual world. Hibernation was great. I couldnt simultaneously cope with both my virtual life and reality. Hence the hibernation. Nonetheless, when the loads get unloaded and my strength re-established, i am back. Back to being my self-constructed useless, loud mouth bitch. Yes, thats essentially the essence of blogging, isnt it? We bitch, brag and bawl over silly things we pass by in our daily lives. Now, thats the very thing that got those blogging babes famous, right? Well that and their bountiful fleshy/flashy pictures (whichever aplies). Arent they just fodder to these slobbering capitalistic men. Who needs education anyways? Just write like a 4th grader, dress like a pornstar wannabe, dont forget to take pictures, have a blog and post all your crap, add in google ads....and before you know it, babe, you'd have tonnes of singaporean men salivating over you. Aint that just neat?! The magnificent world called Singapore, a land where everyone lives together regardless of race, language or religion. Bullocks!

Brings me to another point.

Yes, I travel by train every goddamn day and yeah, i see the bulk of Singaporeans, day in, day out. Theres just something petulantly wrong about Singapore's major society. I dare not say, MY society, cause i really cannot relate to them, at all. WE study in schools using the English language. WE, meaning all of us. Maths was in english, Science was in english too, damn, ENGLISH was in ENGLISH, geography, history, principles of accounts, Food & nutrition, design & technology, were all in english, at least since the last time i was doing all that. Anyways, the issue i have here is that, why is there virtually NO ONE on the train speaking in english? Ok maybe its just the people in the East-bound train ey. I am afterall a reasonable person, yeah. Then why is TVmobile always regurgitation things that could only be deciphered by the people of the Forbidden City? You know, I was listening to Class 95 last week, and they had Rod and Gene on air. So they kinda had someone at Ikea to give some live updates on the scene at Ikea Tampine, guess what, she spoke in Forbidden City-language as well. Ok, reasonability check...Right so there was also some DJ from Warna Radio Station, but strangely, she spoke in English. Hmm... Please, I'm not here to bitch about double standards. Nah, I dont give a rats ass. I'm just disappointed the education system didnt prepare us for this, ME for that matter. I do understand that having started off a minority, I'd most likely live a minority for the whole of my life, I'm not questioning that. For the record, I'm bracing myself for a homogeneous society of Forbidden-City-language-speaking-dwellers. Amazing isnt it. I mean, Singapore has indeed progressed an awful lot, now, to evolve into that, i believe wouldnt be that mean a feat. I do however hope i dont live long enough to witness that...

Not a proud Singaporean - if you even call that a word.

----------

It sounds contradictory to a post i last had. But people look around, internalise and change. Thats what people do best. Sometimes people change and forget to tell their mates, I dont wanna make that mistake.

Yap yap yap...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Listen to me.

*yawns*

Staleness