I'm a recluse.


School work is pounding on me. They emphasise so much on the need to reflect. I'm reflecting, now.


Tomorrow shall be my turn to read a book to the class. I have chosen to read a book called 'The Curious Garden" by Peter Browne.

Why? Well, for starters, I'm a nature lover. I thrive in the greens around me. All for sustainability and permaculture! Hence, the book. I love the fact that such an abstract notion like the detriments of urbanisation is portrayed in the book. It is chopped into bite-sized portions so children can relate to it. Liam, the red head in the book learnt to care for the little plants who were struggling to survive. The plants were made so life-like that they too could wait patiently for Liam, as he gradually built on his gardening skills. Heart warming book with a beautiful message embedded in it.

Children's literature really isn't all that dry. You guys should go read 'The Missing Piece' by Shel Silverstein. Makes my heart skip a beat. Haha.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Listen to me.

*yawns*

Staleness