It's Mothers' Day... :)
Everyday is mothers' day to me. Really. Ok, realistically, what everyone does on Mothers' Day is done every weekend. We go out together as a family and we rush for the bill whenever we can. That's just the way it is. Which is why, I think you'd understand why I scoff at the sight of families overtly molly-coddling their mummies and putting up this spectacle for all to witness. There is this tacit competition between families trying to out-do each other as they strive to get in the good books of their mummies, only for the day though. I think it probably will last through the day and when the next sunrise comes things will go back to what it was prior to that... Mother is left alone as the entire household leaves for work and she gets forgotten til the next 'Mothers' Day'. It's hypocrisy at its best.
And that was my Sunday. The family went about the usual. Search the place for makan and then just lepak away our weekend. We were just observing people and how their Mothers' Day was like. I could do nothing but smile and shake my head. I wish everyday was Mothers' Day. It should be so... If only these kids were just as loving and considerate throughout the 365 days we're given instead of just being nice to their mummies on a designated day. *shrugs*
It's Monday, tomorrow. I got used to waking up to a public holiday falling on a Monday. Too bad it's not so tomorrow. Tonight we'll be watching the last few matches of the Barclay Premier League before it goes off for a break and returns next season. It's gonna be emotional, I'm sure. It doesn't really matter if we (Arsenal) lose or win because I think we pretty much seal the deal being one of the top 4 teams already. I just hope we end the season with a dignified score and that our spirit remains high as we prepare for the battle next season. Heh. On that note, it's gonna take me a while before I can get used to the new kit. It doesn't look as good as this season's.
Today's take-away: Stay true to yourself. The environment does not make you who you are. You are who you are because you know what you want, what is wrong, what is right and what others' want.
Let's milk it!

Comments