Halloween...updates
Initially, i really wanted to like edit the pictures so they could rock even more, not that they aren't already rocking, just, you know. But, when i sat before my very boring laptop and start clicking away, i realise, I'm much too uninspired and dry for anything artsy right now. Dry. That's the word that typifies my state of mind these days. Bloody dry. Everything is dry, my hair, my purse, my bottle, hell even my potted plants are dry too. I feel like a lonely dried prune on a huge platter. You feeling me?
Ok, back to my point. Lets hope my memory serves me well aye.
That beautiful Friday night. The night of the dead, some call it. A time for the dead who decides to walk the earth, to surface and blend in with the deteriorating race called humans. Anyways, that's Mexico, in Singapore, standing in line for the tickets at the Night Safari felt somewhat like attending a national event. Its a lot like waiting outside the Kallang Stadium to catch the NDP performance. A massive horde of people just congregating and waiting ever so patiently for their turn at the ticket booth. The distinguishing factor here is that, you see gruesomely painted faces, weirdly morbid get-ups and even ghostly impersonators attempting to give the unsuspecting visitors a good fright. That night, i learnt something new about three of my friends... Claryce, Adeline and Sher Lin can really scream. Claryce, being Xena-personified that she is, I kinda suspected perhaps there could be some tinge of bravery in her. Alas, I was wrong.
Armed with three screaming friends, a loud hailer (dayah) and my sidekick (Jing Xian) whose presence is to assure us all that what we see before us, are Real things and not conjured by the supernatural, we set off, into the mystical forest of damnation where the stench of Chawang's poop reigned supreme...
Us. All excited to be there, alive, considering the number of times we had to drive down that awfully creepy stretch of road. Yes, we got lost for a bit, but at least I know Sher Lin will never crumble under pressure.
"Erm, do we still have fries left?"
I smiled to myself, knowing that I'm in good hands. :) Because, truth be told, if it were ME at the steering wheel, dear god, I wouldn't even want to imagine where we would have ended up that night. Maybe at the bottom of Mandai Lake or something. Is there a Mandai Lake? *shrugs*
Oh yes, we were in the queue, waiting for out NDP tickets, I mean Night Safari tix. Anyways, a massive thank you to Atik for saving us all and even guiding us through the trails. Such a sweet thing! :) I couldn't help but expect Claryce to do that little act from Sheng Shiong's commercial. For the uninitiated, Nevermind.
Oh yes, the highlight of the trail. The Tongue Man. Lemme just word out what my true thoughts were. :) I was really wondering, what else was as long as his tongue, you know... Ok nevermind.
The very intricately designed set of the Night Safari. I am amazed at how much effort is being invested in trying to scare the living shit out of their visitors.
The freaky hands from the underworld. My imagination was piqued and stretched beyond the illustrations of Anne Rice's novels.
Ah yes, the muthafucker who slept while this shot was taken. Annoying. Look at how much effort i put into this shot man, and then look at him. -_- This stranger looked so unintimidating after the mask was torn off. Pffrrtt.
Oh yesh! The bridge shot, that stopped traffic for a bit.
If only the queue was as docile as the directions. We were standing there for a good hour and a half! I pay a lot less for my MRT rides and I damn well waited a whole lot lesser too, for the train. Oh well, all things considered, spooky, un-spooky and just plain silly, it was worth the wait. :) I got to, well, WE got to do what we do best! Make fun of every living being that crosses our path.
While waiting for our train... Not much narration needed here aye.
:)


I just heart group photos. If only the others were there.
It was an incredible night! I managed to set my parents into worry mode, but who cares, it was worth all that. Friends are really the people you laugh with (sometimes laugh at too), cry with (sometimes you cry for them) and other rare times get mad with.
I feel blessed whenever I think about the times we've shared.
Ok, back to my point. Lets hope my memory serves me well aye.
That beautiful Friday night. The night of the dead, some call it. A time for the dead who decides to walk the earth, to surface and blend in with the deteriorating race called humans. Anyways, that's Mexico, in Singapore, standing in line for the tickets at the Night Safari felt somewhat like attending a national event. Its a lot like waiting outside the Kallang Stadium to catch the NDP performance. A massive horde of people just congregating and waiting ever so patiently for their turn at the ticket booth. The distinguishing factor here is that, you see gruesomely painted faces, weirdly morbid get-ups and even ghostly impersonators attempting to give the unsuspecting visitors a good fright. That night, i learnt something new about three of my friends... Claryce, Adeline and Sher Lin can really scream. Claryce, being Xena-personified that she is, I kinda suspected perhaps there could be some tinge of bravery in her. Alas, I was wrong.
Armed with three screaming friends, a loud hailer (dayah) and my sidekick (Jing Xian) whose presence is to assure us all that what we see before us, are Real things and not conjured by the supernatural, we set off, into the mystical forest of damnation where the stench of Chawang's poop reigned supreme...
Us. All excited to be there, alive, considering the number of times we had to drive down that awfully creepy stretch of road. Yes, we got lost for a bit, but at least I know Sher Lin will never crumble under pressure."Erm, do we still have fries left?"
I smiled to myself, knowing that I'm in good hands. :) Because, truth be told, if it were ME at the steering wheel, dear god, I wouldn't even want to imagine where we would have ended up that night. Maybe at the bottom of Mandai Lake or something. Is there a Mandai Lake? *shrugs*
Oh yes, we were in the queue, waiting for out NDP tickets, I mean Night Safari tix. Anyways, a massive thank you to Atik for saving us all and even guiding us through the trails. Such a sweet thing! :) I couldn't help but expect Claryce to do that little act from Sheng Shiong's commercial. For the uninitiated, Nevermind.
Oh yes, the highlight of the trail. The Tongue Man. Lemme just word out what my true thoughts were. :) I was really wondering, what else was as long as his tongue, you know... Ok nevermind.
The very intricately designed set of the Night Safari. I am amazed at how much effort is being invested in trying to scare the living shit out of their visitors.
The freaky hands from the underworld. My imagination was piqued and stretched beyond the illustrations of Anne Rice's novels.
Ah yes, the muthafucker who slept while this shot was taken. Annoying. Look at how much effort i put into this shot man, and then look at him. -_- This stranger looked so unintimidating after the mask was torn off. Pffrrtt.
Oh yesh! The bridge shot, that stopped traffic for a bit.
If only the queue was as docile as the directions. We were standing there for a good hour and a half! I pay a lot less for my MRT rides and I damn well waited a whole lot lesser too, for the train. Oh well, all things considered, spooky, un-spooky and just plain silly, it was worth the wait. :) I got to, well, WE got to do what we do best! Make fun of every living being that crosses our path.
While waiting for our train... Not much narration needed here aye.:)


I just heart group photos. If only the others were there.It was an incredible night! I managed to set my parents into worry mode, but who cares, it was worth all that. Friends are really the people you laugh with (sometimes laugh at too), cry with (sometimes you cry for them) and other rare times get mad with.
I feel blessed whenever I think about the times we've shared.
Comments