Has life been pleasant to you?
Has it, really?
Life, a pleasant phase to some, a pain to others. Personally, I never really invested much thought on life itself. Preoccupied by the constant need to stay alive, the objectiveness of life has often been overlooked, ignored, sometimes even taken for granted. It is true to say that no one is in any position to instantly take or give life, other than the almighty god. Hence, when given a chance to have a life, one should exercise absolute gratitude to the great one above, while sashaying down the paths of life. We are in no position to judge the conditions of our life, let alone others. The mere essence of life is to allow an avenue for us to serve our provider, to redeem our faith in him, to rectify our shortcomings and to relate ourselves to others of the same human race.
In most circumstances, I would impulsively denounce the 'pleasantness' of life or rather, I would probably carp at life's morbid sense of humor. But now, having pondered over the paths I have been exposed to, I think life has been a tad fulfilling or perhaps I am on my way to further enriching myself. Experiences are essentially the measure of life. And that, I haven't been able to appreciate till I read the thought-provoking introductory scripture myself.
The pleasantness I am referring to here is basically the by-product of effectively pleasing not just I, but the people around me. The point here is that, pleasantness of life is measured by the blissful experiences it dishes out, or rather, WE get.
Life has been pleasant for me. For now...
Comments