I don't want to be the Best.
I met asshole and idiot today.
Bloody toots! Asshole saw me rest my loaded bag on the edge of an empty strip of seat at the bustop and decides that its a fine place to sit right next to my bag. Yeah. He had the ENTIRE damn seat to choose a spot from, but no, he preferred crouching next to my loaded bag. Made me looked like a fool didnt he? People probably think what an ass i am, to not allow the old man have his seat. HUh?!
I then board the bus, pretty excited because i could finally get away from that asshole of an old man. But no, my perseverence was put to the test. I sat by the window and at the next stop, idiot got on. She sauntered on carelessly and when she spotted the empty seat beside me, she plopped her sagging ass by my side and mind you, I really did jump off the seat a couple of centimeters. Idiot! Old but still idiotic. Both were at the prime of their ages ok. What the hell is wrong with the world? So ignorant, so selfish!
But who can I blame? Their parents? Their family? Their teachers? nah, I blame the education system. Ultimately the system moulds the shape of the society, and also the shape of the media. Yeah it all boils down to the damn form of education one receives. I used to think that this was a vicious cycle of an endless need to conform. But not anymore. The root of evil is essentially education itself. Day in, day out, we are fed notions. Ideas that sediment within us. Sediments and sculpt a monumental wickedness overtime. We are the manifestation of the silent education we are accustomed to.
Grudges harboured. Dying ambition to be the best. If everyone wants to be the best, then who's gonna be the rest? Why the hell do you even want to be the best? Why do you need to have the highest grade for a test? Why? Why go all out to even backstab your friends just to get the best results? Why? Child oh child, How devoid you are of the essence of life. Being the best isn't everything. Can't you feel the hollowness within? You got As for everything as well as misery...
Bloody toots! Asshole saw me rest my loaded bag on the edge of an empty strip of seat at the bustop and decides that its a fine place to sit right next to my bag. Yeah. He had the ENTIRE damn seat to choose a spot from, but no, he preferred crouching next to my loaded bag. Made me looked like a fool didnt he? People probably think what an ass i am, to not allow the old man have his seat. HUh?!
I then board the bus, pretty excited because i could finally get away from that asshole of an old man. But no, my perseverence was put to the test. I sat by the window and at the next stop, idiot got on. She sauntered on carelessly and when she spotted the empty seat beside me, she plopped her sagging ass by my side and mind you, I really did jump off the seat a couple of centimeters. Idiot! Old but still idiotic. Both were at the prime of their ages ok. What the hell is wrong with the world? So ignorant, so selfish!
But who can I blame? Their parents? Their family? Their teachers? nah, I blame the education system. Ultimately the system moulds the shape of the society, and also the shape of the media. Yeah it all boils down to the damn form of education one receives. I used to think that this was a vicious cycle of an endless need to conform. But not anymore. The root of evil is essentially education itself. Day in, day out, we are fed notions. Ideas that sediment within us. Sediments and sculpt a monumental wickedness overtime. We are the manifestation of the silent education we are accustomed to.
=====
Grudges harboured. Dying ambition to be the best. If everyone wants to be the best, then who's gonna be the rest? Why the hell do you even want to be the best? Why do you need to have the highest grade for a test? Why? Why go all out to even backstab your friends just to get the best results? Why? Child oh child, How devoid you are of the essence of life. Being the best isn't everything. Can't you feel the hollowness within? You got As for everything as well as misery...
Comments