Balls!

I know i know, its been a while.

Aaaah, blame it on WorldCup! Gosh. I soo love soccer. OK, so initially, i placed my bets on France, Brasil and an African nation yeah. Well, after seeing the guys play, I'm changing that. Yes, Brasil i still loike! Then Spain comes next. Well, congrats to them for NOT underestimating their opponents like they did last season. They were muy magnifico. I know Torres is like suppose to work well alongside Raul, but hey, Adios Raul, Hola Villa! That dude is a a scorer man. He seize, sees and shoots! Oh and did i say he is Hot as well? Well yeah, he's HAWT! Ggrrrrrr! So 4-0 aight. Ah my Matadors in full action this season. Moving on to Brasil now. Aaaah, Kakaaaaa. Everyone knew he was gonna score. Pffrt. That was just a kickoff. Its not even the peak yet, he has more to show and so does the team. Ole ole ole ola! Brasil! Brasil!

Now for the disappointments. France. Its an ageing team in need of youthful redemption. Clichy, Le Tallec, Sinama, Aliadiere, theres a whole lot more i could list here, but NONE of them made it to the 1st Team! For heaven's sake, you frenchies need to have faith in the younger ones and give them a chance. I'm hoping that with the departure of our beloved Zizou, they'd start scouting for more young french talents and STOP harping on old sentiments! Of course, dont ditch the entire veteran squad, keep them to help mould the young guns. Ahhh. Something quite like Wengers gift.

Next disappointment, England. Well, the biggest blow is that, they qualified for the next round of matches. Basket! I was praying hard for them to not win a single match in this round. Argh! Frustrating. The most overly publicised team, at least so in Singapore. The months before World cup started, the pages of our local newspapers were overflowing with insignificant updates of the team. Who should, would could be in the 1st squad. Listen, I dont give a rats ass who's in or whether or not Rooney the Hippo is playing. Bleargh, like enough already!

Disappointment number 3. Trinidad and Tobago! Damn you guys! You got me off my seat and cheering all night long!!! Hislop! You did well. We see that. And you guys can play good soccer, adorned with skills and endless stamina (and nice body too). Ahhh but you lack confidence, confidence to attack and damn well finish up the attack with a banging goal. That last minute back-shot goal, flagged offside was a taste of what a force you guys could be. So fret not, come next world cup, come back and lash your whip. I'll be waiting. ;)

*said enough*

Off the record...

Ronaldo- Brasil doesn't need him. He is just adding more weight to the team lah. Send him home! Send him home!

Torres-tug and the red card- That was a lil overreaction on the part of the refereee. So what if Torres' shorts were tugged, it was a minor distraction, a good one. Ok focus, well, i'm sure Torres's junior was dying to get out anyways considering the sweltering heat they had to put up with. And mind you, the tug was committed outside the darn penalty box. Rubbish.

Rooney the Hippo- He really doesn't live up to what you people are preaching about. Please, I think he should stand next to Ronaldo, have their arms around each other and smile. Both make a good picture.

Shamsul Maidin- This SINGAPOREAN dude. Aaaah, when he referees the match, I cheer for him. Don't ask why. I guess its quite a bit like as though Singapore was actually playing in the WorldCup. So i do have some sense of patriotism in me. ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Listen to me.

*yawns*

Staleness