Natural Reminders

Nostalgic cravings right now la.

When I was a little kid, which by the way, didn't seem too long ago, i vividly remember how, Impossible, to me, meant someone big, taking away all the chewing gums in the world. Well, my world was of course mighty huge, I could not measure its length with a stretch of my two hands. Its, from home to a place, further than the neighbourhood park. I couldn't reach the end of the world, unless i take a bus, or maybe a taxi. Journeys to the end of the world are filled with things called 'experiences'. It was an enormous word. A big enough word for me to use and not know what it meant. Anyways, I digressed, back to my impossible. So taking that much gum away was at that time an act that needed the magnitude of divine intervention, if ever, someone wants it done. Yes, like kids my age, I was hooked on chewing gum. It doesn't help that somehow, the cute kids who appear on Hollywood movies and daytime tv of those times are always engrossed with chewing gum and blowing the biggest bubble and how to adroitly lick the gum off your face when it bursts. I had to do that too, I wanted to look cute. :) Who doesn't? All we had to do to look cute (which later evolved into being cool) was to carelessly chew a gum. You know, chew but don't look like you are putting too much effort in it. And then something that completely shook the foundations of my world, (gotta put in some building knowledge now don't i?), came about...they took the gums away. The supply of spearmint gum, my favourite grape gum, my neon strips, they gradually left the shelves along with my coolness.

That day on, my impossibles became nothing. If things don't go your way, it just means you didn't try hard enough. Now, this wasn't intended, I didn't mean to drive some silly addidas message. Really, I feel that, if at some obscure point in my life, chewing gums could be banned, then, I'll wait for another point where tobacco will be banned.

Liddat only must talk long long meh? Kanina.

Whatever.

Tuition.
I have one tomorrow. That of course reminds me of my session with my two other kids last monday. They are a cute pair of sibling. Easily distracted and blatantly hates studying. Its like a really nasty chore to them, I mean seriously, I have never seen anyone who despises studying as much as them. Thats a thought thats amusing on its own. I used to be them, I can relate. Somewhere along the way, I lost my coolness, remember? I wanted to know what the other end of the world looked like, so I started sitting up in class, got myself a pair of glasses and started listening. Now, thats me, back to my kids. They hate schoolwork, luring them into the realms of their textbooks is surely no meant feat. I need to get into that zone of intense motivated strictness. Something most of my friends would never have seen me in. Anyways, there I was, serious, and I mean very serious. So the question goes, its a science one, needing the kid to fill in the sub-heading of a particular group of living things with bacteria as its example. Now, by this time, the girl was already dazing into her fairy tale land with her current infatuation, hazy-eyed, she once confessed this lad who happens to be a teacher goes by the name De cruz, talk about taste eh. A name sounding like that, sound yummy on its own. Anyways, her brother however, was very sure he saw that word he thought was the sub-heading scurrying around in his head. Scratching his shaven head with one hand while the other taps on his temple, he blinked in anxiety. I asked if he needed my help. He boomed a big fat no in my direction. Ok. Fine. And then he jumped of his seat and shouted in utter satisfaction, very satisfied with himself indeed..."Micro-ORGASM!!!"

I didn't laugh. I dug in me for the sense of self control i never had. Shut it or face the possibility of destroying the innocence of this little mind. He looked smug. So i said no, told him the answer and moved on.

I let it all out in the lift well.

My life, as a pervertibly furtive tutor.

Went to the mosque today. We gave food. It was, wholesomely foreign. I helped my mum pack the food. That was a challenge. If all else fail, I know I can't work at a Nasi Padang stall selling nasi bungkus...Coz I cant bungkus for nuts.

Bungkus=pack, like to pack a food.

I've spoken a lot haven't i? Good. This should last till the CNY visits i hope. Bleargh. Go D go! GOOO!

I'm out. Later pixies.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Listen to me.

*yawns*

Staleness