Still high...

Ok, where should I even begin!

So I've had this planned out since like, practicum. It was one of the plays that instantly spoke to me. When I saw it being listed on SISTIC's website, I was like, "I NEED to watch that." Alas, no one wanted to go. Bluek. So ultimately, I decided to go for it alone only to find out that my sister was also catching the play, with her NIE mates. We were seated separately though. So technically, I was alone. Heh. And I loved it. Seriously.

So, I got my green lenses today (allow me to digress for a bit ya) and I could have sworn, green lenses and high heels empowers me! For real, I felt like I could take on the world! Like Sayuri possessed me. Yes, that chick from Memoirs of the Geisha for the uninitiated. Sheesh.

Ok, back to the topic at hand. My evening was exceptionally good (I say its the green eyes and heels ). A marginally good looking dude sat beside me on the train. And then there was this hot prawnball at the escalator at Bugis MRT. And then there was this chinese dude who stopped in his tracks and made way for me to pass him. I felt like royalty. Its definitely the green eyes.

My sis then went off to have dinner with her friends while I headed for the Drama Centre. I was obviously early. I'm always early for things like this. It keeps my mind clear and uncluttered. Don't ask. Anyways, you can tell that I'm deliberately lengthening this could-have-been really short post. :) I'm savouring it. :) Right so I had dinner at the cafe outside the theatre while waiting for the SISTIC booth to open. And I saw a few of the cast there. I got a little excited, but still managed to remain calm.

Anyways, a while later, I got my ticket and bought the printed copy of Haresh's play which was the one i was gonna watch la, Those who can't, Teach. And the lady who was selling it then casually told me, I could get it autographed when I see him around. And I was like, yah ok... Like I'm gonna go up to him and have him autograph my book. I've got too much pride for all that.

So it was time to go in. I showed the usher my ticket and headed for my seat. F15. That was what I saw. Online and somehow printed on the damn ticket too. I swore it was F15. And that seat had a sticker pasted over. SO did the rest of the seats which were flanking it. Stickers printed with names of the VIPs who supposedly caught the play the day before. Bah! As I was cosying up in my seat, I spotted the man himself, Haresh Sharma at the right aisle. He was actually trying to locate his seat! GAh! And oh my, he is looking in my direction. Don't look away Vinna, use your Sayuri skills and get him to seat with you! Hahah. Yeah right. Ok no. And then he headed my way...My heart skipped a beat, ok, several beats... He walked up to me and said,:Oh daer, where is F15..." He looked so lost. At that moment, I realised I was actually in the wrong seat! I grabbed my clutch, fished out my ticket and saw a fucking F18 printed on it. I was so mortified. But in that moment of mortification, someone from somewhere at the left shoved a Book at me so I could pass it to the man himself for an autograph. Bingo! Oh well... Hehe, he was kind enough to sit next to me and I can't really remember what I said to him, coz hello, I was nervous just being in his presence man and damn my pride, I got an autograph out of him despite the fact that I didn't even have a pen with me. He had to use his own pen to sign on MY book. People, I'm smitten. And I bid him farewell, apologise and scooted over to my rightful place. :)

And this was the name at my seat.

Haha. The hell. My view.


My very painful shoes that gave me a heap of blisters.

The play then started. It was comforting to know that the people surrounding me were also solo play goers. I wasn't alone. Well, I was alone, but not entirely alone with other people who were alone. Get it? Nvm.

I knew this play was going to be an eye-opener, a sheer awakening, profound, compelling and it was nothing short of that. It echoes the sentiments and plight of teachers and at the same time, had the woes of students and parents woven in. It was simply astounding how I was able to laugh ever so heartily at some point and then teared at others. It tugs at your heartstrings and tickles your funny bones. It was amazing. It was like manifesting the tacit thoughts of most teachers and even teachers to be.

My favourite line from the play...

Act 1 Scene 1:

LIM, the new PE teacher: NIE fucked me up! It didn't prepare me for school life.

Something I can definitely relate to, considering the fact that I just finished my practicum. Bleah. And how scholars are perceived within the teaching fraternity. Heh. I could kinda see some of their antics in school. ;) Hope it isn't true for all ya. Heheh.

Oh, and I noticed something, my idea to hold a wedding at the National Museum has been promulgated in the play. Need to now find a different venue for that.

So now, my take aways?

The play should be included in our Induction Program. Period. ;)


Heres the autographed book! Ahhhh! I'm still squealing in delight.




Football! Football! Tomorrow. can't wait! Ciao!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Listen to me.

*yawns*

Staleness