I've had happier days.

If anyone speaks to me about Badminton ever again, I swear upon the Hawt greek gods in heavens I will sodomise you with a badminton racket! Two levels available, narrow and mighty netted wide!

Story later, heres the moral first, never listen to your dad if he is anything like mine. A sports fucker. Ok listen, this is gonna. be a draggy post of a potentially unfilial, pesky old daughter who would probably at some point in her life, run away from home and never come back again or maybe even throw her parents into an old folks home to rot! So if you don't have the stomach to take such violation of customary filialness, scoot away.

The dad put us all in this silly 'family' tournament. When asked why, he said it is so we could have fun. Now, don't be fooled by the benign 'family' part of it all, theres nothing familial about the whole event. NOTHING. From the multiple venues right down to the games, nothing was familial, nothing was fun. We were asked to meet at some silly makeshift football field opposite Temasek Poly. You see, coz its a 'family' games thingie, they had planned TWO different games to be played, bad-fucking-minton and soccer. On arrival, we were then told that the badminton part of the 'family' tournament was to be held at the Old Changkat Changi Sec school, thats NOT near temasek poly by the way. That is some ulu place between simei and tanah merah. Fine, the dad flagged a cab and to the badminton hall we went.

We got there, and saw how enthu the other team members were. My 'Team' (we only knew we were in a team when we arrived) consisted of a bunch of indians, my sisters, me, dad, mum and a girl my mum met at a bar. That girl's a year older and what do you know, we were from the same primary school. Cool, i instantly liked her, her name's Dila. The OTHER team consisted of a bunch of malays. None of whom i knew. THey had smug faces. Like they know they were better than us. Thats of course not the point. I couldn't care less. I just wanted to play my doubles match with Dila and win it. She was excited too. So games went on, lost more than we won. again, I couldn't care less. Before i knew it, I was asked to play mix doubles with some indian dude, I've never met before. He asked me to watch the front part of the court, which was what i did. But when we started playing, he started trying to dominate every damn shuttlecock that came our way. Fuck it. We lost, needless to say, despite having done my best to watch the front. He screwed the long serves as well. Whatever. I was still thrilled, coz i was suppose to play doubles together with Dila and against some silly duo from the Malay team.

Do you what happened after that? This indian lady took Dila and played her doubles against some kucing kurap team. This indian lass apparently has always been playing against the other team, so she essentially knew who were the weaker ones and who were the weak ones...She left the tougher, better players to US! Chao chee bye! So all i did was went there to play with some indian dude and lose. So fun!

That wasn't really bad lah. I mean, I could have handled the lack of victory and stuff. But being there with the parents, its hard having them run their mouth on and on when they think you made mistakes on court. Ok wait, that didn't happen to me. I don't think they even cared if I played. My sisters got loads of bitch talks from the parents when they lost their matches. My second sis managed to win one, against an indonesian maid. Hahah, that was funny. My youngest sis lost one, against some fat-arsed bitch who could apparently serve well. Yeah I'm sure. Some ppl have school man. We don't have time to fuck around at a badminton court on a daily basis. Anyways, she would have lost if we played sets. Ha!

Thats still not the bad part. It started to hurt when I notice how my dad just could not give a fuck about me! I know, I'm almost 23 and I should have been over this man. I've always been trying to impress my dad. Its like, I'm the oldest and things tend to get really dry, rigid and unloving on my side. I'm gonna regret writing this post but i need to get it out of the system. Once its out, I'll delete the post lah. I'd like him to notice me. Childish isn't it? He still doesn't notice me. It hurt even more when he said, " Dila, we'll play the mixed doubles..." I heart the girl, she's really nice. But daddy lost her daughter there. My sisters had multiples games, so did dila. I only had one fucked up game with an indian stranger. Guess i wasn't good enough. The fool who perpetually fails to regard the constant indifference. Tsk...

After the badminton, we were supposed to head down back to the field opp Temasek poly for the soccer part of the 'family' tournament. I left. He didn't care, Mummy didn't care either. My sisters couldn't believe i would have done that. Well, I took my first bite for the day at 4+pm at downtowneast, then headed to PAsir Ris park and bawled my eyes out.

Praise the lord for oversized shades!

Feel sooo much better now.

Things are gonna be different now.

I have the home to myself now and should really get back to the critic. *smiles*

Comments

Anonymous said…
what the hell. I kena the worse lah. And i too played just one miserable game :(
Anonymous said…
are u coming for my bday..

from u know who..

Popular posts from this blog

Listen to me.

*yawns*

Staleness