Saving Dayah.

I just felt like typing that out as the title coz it reminded me so much of what Saving Gaia would sound like, only difference is that this one's about dayah. Get it? Nevermind.

Anyways, it was Dayah's long overdue Birthday meet-up as well as our yearly Christmas exchange. Well, what can I say, it's been really hard to meet up at full-strength considering the diversity of our career paths. Nonetheless, we shall try harder this year! Coz I really need those laughter to stay sane.

I loved today. It was just splendid, although I was seated at the other end of the table and I could see so called Miss Sunshine dishing out conspiratorial whispers and eyeing me in and oh-so-not-discrete look. *sticks out tongue* Speaking of that, I so do not believe I deserve to be Miss Naughty at all! Hmph. Well, then again, at least I accepted it graciously, unlike some Miss Vain who was in total denial of herself. "I am Miss SHy, I am shy! I really am!" That was funny.

So, the day went well, good food, (though I wish they would have sushi), great company and awesome gifts. What else could you ask for? Oh yeah, fantastic cake. See, our birthdays are never short of surprises. Dayah's was no exception.

Cute huh! See the brown stains? That was taken when she was eating some chocolate dish. She SO gamely stuck them in her teeth and actually striked a pose ( you can find the original one here). Haiz, the audacity. What do you do with a picture like that? Well, you wait for her birthday to creep up and you make a cake out of it! Hehe. If only that damn waitress didn't give it away, prematurely. You see, Adel and Claryce were trying to battle the sudden gust of wind from extinguishing the candles on the cake, and out of nowhere this middle-aged waitress came into the picture, congratulated dayah and told her that she actually looked pretty, in fact much prettier than her picture. And THAT, my friend, was a major give away. The deal here was to wait for Dayah's priceless expression when she sees her not-so-glam shot staring back at her. No thanks to that woman, Dayah, started suspecting something was amiss. So, yeah, no nasty expression. But, a roaring laughter ensued. Typical. *grins* I love birthdays. Well, others' birthdays. ;)

The aftermath. And we didn't do that, the owner of the cake did that, as she attempted to evenly chop up the cake. Anyway, just for the record, she tasted so damn sweet. After that, we headed out and scattered dayah's present around Coffee Bean. Heh. We left one box on some vacant table outside of the cafe and another was placed quite discretely on a toddler's chair. Then we started making random comments to get her to shift her attention on the target-box. It was funny how random things started getting. Like from the weather we then started talking about having children and then back to the weather again...

It's been a while since I last had this much fun. Mindless fun. Unattached burden fun. Ok, just plain Fun. I think I actually miss being in NUS, where I'd see them everyday. :(

I shall end this abruptly.

And oh! I love my gifts dear SherLin! ;) Muchas Gracias Amigo!

NItez!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hey.
How Is the weather reports today?
introduces readers to various types of weather that occur during each season.
The text discusses typical activities and clothing for each type of weather.
Supportive illustrations accompany the text. You can find out here.
Bye

http://www.ile-maurice.com/forum/members/weather-today.html
Anonymous said…
Hey. Super site todays weather conditions

http://www.medicalschoolforum.com/forums/members/weather-today.html

Popular posts from this blog

Listen to me.

*yawns*

Staleness