Goosebumps

School was ok. No, i'm lying. School was bad, but relatively better than having to slog at some suburban Town council. Hypocrisy, malice, hate and all the usual humdrum of school's back with a vengeance. It's cool though. I will not submit to the temptations of wanting to merely settle scores and exploding like a cave-woman devoid of any sense of humaneness. Besides, the month of Ramadan has begun. A month of abstinence from everything ungodly and downright evil. Just great.

You know what, Ramadan struck me with a bang this year. A lil after the evening call for prayer and while i was basking in my reluctance to promptly perform my prayer, I actually felt as though the chair i was sitting on was wheeling from side to side. It was pretty subtle though. It was a couple of seconds later, when it dawned upon me, the chair i was on had NO wheels. Yes, by then, the Lemur in me had sprung out. You guys KNOW what I meant. Pfrrrt. I looked around and caught my vertical blinds swaying, my door was ajar and subtly slow dancing on its hinges too. That was my first experience of a Tremor. A moment of sheer excitement.

Thank god and my dad for cable tv. There indeed was an Earthquake in the region. Although the accuracy of the news tend to be debatable, at least we know the epicentre of the quake was somewhere in Indonesia. Whatever the fact was, I'm just glad that didn't spur the attack of another deadly Tsunami.

Now I remembered something. I thought Britney Spears would make a perfect Oohm pa Looompa. Regardless of how you spell it, the essence is there.

Think about it. ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Listen to me.

*yawns*

Staleness