Expectedly shall today, be an official english word!
Before and After: Plastic surgery clinic.
Another korean drama that ate up a major chunk of my week. Oh well, at least this one has an expectedly, twisted but sensible ending. I've noticed some common anomalies (no matter how contradicting that sounds) present in korean dramas of this era. That element of 'unexpectedness' is so wantonly stretched that it dampens the very entertainment value of it all. Its like, the drama makers are aware of how the audience would love for an unexpected ending, so they keep giving us radically composed, unexpected endings. No problem with that really. But theres only so much unexpectedness that can be expected without disrupting the true exclusiveness of it all. We are basically expecting so much of the unexpected that when the ending comes, it becomes expectedly unexpected!
So, for the love of god, korean dramas and Lee Jin Wook, preferably in reverse order, ( i know i know, how blasphemous of me....) give me my happy endings. Happy CONCLUSIVE, FAIRY TALE endings. Like My Girl's ending would be good. So at least, I would see that glimmer of hope at the end of a drama, and pray that it too would be the ending to my pretty world. I could sit and conjure consoling, pretty images of clasping hands with the leading man and strolling down the pristine coastline of some rural korean island.
You see what my problem is, I can't do all that with a sincere smile when all the leading men and women are ditched and miserably forced to retreat to the outbacks armed with an SLR and a packet of tissue for those unrequited tears.
Ay shipal!
Gimme my happy endings, no matter how bloody cliche they may be.
Another korean drama that ate up a major chunk of my week. Oh well, at least this one has an expectedly, twisted but sensible ending. I've noticed some common anomalies (no matter how contradicting that sounds) present in korean dramas of this era. That element of 'unexpectedness' is so wantonly stretched that it dampens the very entertainment value of it all. Its like, the drama makers are aware of how the audience would love for an unexpected ending, so they keep giving us radically composed, unexpected endings. No problem with that really. But theres only so much unexpectedness that can be expected without disrupting the true exclusiveness of it all. We are basically expecting so much of the unexpected that when the ending comes, it becomes expectedly unexpected!
So, for the love of god, korean dramas and Lee Jin Wook, preferably in reverse order, ( i know i know, how blasphemous of me....) give me my happy endings. Happy CONCLUSIVE, FAIRY TALE endings. Like My Girl's ending would be good. So at least, I would see that glimmer of hope at the end of a drama, and pray that it too would be the ending to my pretty world. I could sit and conjure consoling, pretty images of clasping hands with the leading man and strolling down the pristine coastline of some rural korean island.
You see what my problem is, I can't do all that with a sincere smile when all the leading men and women are ditched and miserably forced to retreat to the outbacks armed with an SLR and a packet of tissue for those unrequited tears.
Ay shipal!
Gimme my happy endings, no matter how bloody cliche they may be.
Comments
adel
Wheгe еlsе cοuld anyone get thаt tyρе of information in such an
іԁeal mаnner of writing?
I have a pгeѕentatіоn next ωeek, and I'm on the look for such information.
My site payday loans