Up your dragon boat arse.
Today was one of those aimless urban wandering days. I loved it. I like things to be random and unplanned. Lunch at Changi Village and a no 2 to Clarke Quay. There was some Regatta crap going on at the Singapore River. Never really thought much of it. Just a bunch of dragon boaters competing against others like themselves. If you know anything about me at all, you'd know how much I never really fancied dragon boaters...those people strut around with their oars, looking like they are prepared for the next tsunami thats gonna hit Singapore. Buey tahan. Anyways, there were tonnes of them there. Now, I finally got to see what 'Crazy Elephant' looked like. Ha. But hey, let me be the first to admit that i was there in broad DAYLIGHT. Not in the evening when things are suppose to be much more alive and thus would essentially legitimize my 'partying' experience. Nah, it was a sunny afternoon and I wasn't hugged or grinded. :) Besides my dad would throttle them. Thereafter, we walked to where poor Mr. Merlion was cemented. Loads of people taking pictures. Some were suspiciously eyeing the perfect spot for a pose, others were merely taking in the antics of the occasional restless tourists. They bore me. Except one cute dude. ;) Next, we walked to Lau Pa Sat for dinner and then headed to that open spot near Ocean's Building or something along that line lah, armed with our teh tarik.
My first shot for the day. I love this building, the colours never fail to make me happy. Ha! I still have no idea what resides within the building.
My familia. That wasn't intentional.
My makers. I don't think they are aware of my calling them that. I love them. Don't tell them that though. Pffrrrt. Swell-headed peeps.
I'll have you know, I AM afterall a building student. Pui. Couldn't help but scrutinise the canopy of the atrium. Its cool isn't it?
Us. We are here again. Nothing much to narrate here aye. Moving on.
Ok, the ice cream man. I've never seen anyone so obliging and excited all at the same time when we asked if its ok to have his picture taken. Cute.
They sat by the river and devoured their $1.50 ice cream, which I thought was a rip off. Yes, I'm a cheapo. Whatever.
Yeah, the prize giving ceremony. I happened to be walking through the entire crowd. They were blocking the main way through the boardwalk. Buggers. When in rome, do what the romans do. SO there I was, pretending like I cared. Taking shots of the victors and cheering them on. Ok, no. I caught the MC yelling NUS, so I merely thought it would be polite if I clapped. :) And pretended like I was actually happy. Pffrtt. Theres a whole lot of aussies in that Brewerks tops, sponsors perhaps. Oh and the Brewerkz Restaurant which isn't too far from that prize giving area was cluttered up with white people! So white, it actually looked pretty intimidating. No, I'm not a rascist, I'm merely recording what i saw. Sheesh. Getting all jumpy aren't ya?
Of course, amidst an entire mass of white people there's always an overzealous asian scampering around for attention. This ones jumping and dancing like a crazy horse escapee. I wanted to smack some oriental sense into her, but her jiggling fats scared me off. I settled for a shot on my blog. Well, she wanted attention, I'm giving her attention.
Mr. Merlion. *yawns* enuff said.
This one is a treat. An authentic shot indeed. It was taken with the sole purpose of getting that guy in blue into our collection of revered thoughts. Yes yes, he doesnt look too good, sticking out of my head, but hell, he looks good in person and that memory itself serves me well.
Another ever so excited uncle. The teh tarik man at Lau Pa Sat. He too was so obliging. He actually even posed for the shot. :) You know, there was a long queue after we moved off from the stall, coz apparently the flash from the camera screamed for everyone's attention! Too bad, no free teh tarik.
The timer-double-shot. Yeap. shamelessness runs in the family. There we were, in the heart of Raffles Place, all sprawled out on the grass patch for a perfect shot. Hahha. too much foreground though. But what the hell. We are happy.
One of the many anything-comes-to-mind shot, inspired by the gerls who flocked to the houses on Friday. haha.
My urban escape ended when I tried to go all Zen in the middle of a jungle of buildings. A futile attempt, needless to say. I'm becoming more and more shameless by the day. Who knows what sorta pictures of myself I'd post next. Yeah right, dream on.
By the way, my darn msn is infected with some silly assed virus that sends people on my contact list a whole lotta html crap and a stupid file. I hope you guys won't actually accept it alright. The best thing to do is to just merely delete me off your contact list. yeah, Lets go back to the 'good' old days and use the phone instead. Haiz, if it weren't for Claryce's boredom call, I would have had no calls this entire weekend. Kudos gerl. *whispers* call me aight.
Pictures speak louder.
By the way, my darn msn is infected with some silly assed virus that sends people on my contact list a whole lotta html crap and a stupid file. I hope you guys won't actually accept it alright. The best thing to do is to just merely delete me off your contact list. yeah, Lets go back to the 'good' old days and use the phone instead. Haiz, if it weren't for Claryce's boredom call, I would have had no calls this entire weekend. Kudos gerl. *whispers* call me aight.
Comments