BBQ2

We finally had that much awaited BBQ. It was D-day. A day of letting loose and binging all you can. I had my mum make us some fried bee hoon while i had it going with the cupcakes (again, i need to move on and work on smtg else man). Shan's uncle was nice enuff to offer me a ride to Sherlin's place, thankfully, he's really good with directions. If i had to make my own way to her place, I'd have been lost. Seriously. I had a hard time walking out after the bbq, i'll touch on that a lil later. Anyways, so we arrived there safely and very much earlier than we thought we'd be. One of the rare times when i'm actually amongst the early birds.


Yes, there they are, the early birds - Asilah, Claryce, Sook Teen, Moi, Sherlin, Huishan. I know, i looked kinda overdressed for a barbeque but i cant help it. There was no way am i gonna drop by Harry's in slippers and shorts. ;) That, another tale i'd much wanna talk about in a bit.

So almost the entire lot on the 'list' came. It was awesome! Let's see, where do i even start?!

The PEOPLE
I promised myself to list them all, coz i think everyone there deserved my full attention. :) We've got Sook Teen, the first to arrive and my 'BBQ' buddy. Oh yes, thats coz she faithfully stood by me and 'panggang' (BBQ) the wings, sausages and crab meat thrown our way. Haha. It was all good. Huishan, my Pasir Ris mate whose uncle gave me a lift. She happens to be the competing partner, as she dominates the other stove of coal. Her prawns took forever to cook but it was worth the wait nonetheless. ;) Asilah, whose mum miraculously allowed her access to the family car that fateful day. Yes, your chicken wings are not spicy lah. It was just right! I loike. Claryce, the tupperware supplier. If it weren't for her drink container, we'd be drinking off the bottles. Jing Xian, the banana dipstress. Oh yes, decadence at its finest. Too bad i didn't stay long enough to have a go at that. But, you can always bring it to school. hehe. Adeline, the camera woman. She's amazing with the whole candid shots thingie. My god, I shudder at the thought of what else was captured at the BBQ. The contorted twister moments, the odd half-asleep eyes by the BBQ pit, the flushed faces, the named cups and what not. By the way, I'm waiting for your photos ever so patiently...not...hurry, upload them! Jia Hui, the wonderful pasta salad. It was better than olive cove's. Yummy! Oh and she was the margarine supplier. We initially wanted to wait for her margarine before starting off with the Bbq-ing, but i think the growls in our tummy and our impatience sorta jumpstart the cooking. Hui Li, squidword's nemesis. Those brilliant sotongs, my god! My mouth is watering all over again. Ivan and Amanda, I dare not seperate their names, fearing HE might come after me for justice. I never got to taste their chips. Hehe. A lovely couple. Hidayah, your blood red mee goreng scares me. Haha, but it was good aight. ;) Yuan Jing, now she was the latest! Haha, but i guess its forgiveable, coz at least she came. :) For the finale, there was Sherlin, May, lil Crystal and their parents. I couldn't have asked for more. They had most of the the arrangements prepared as well as labelled cups for sheer ease. Heheh, thats the first. Ok, i notice there are aluminium foils wrapped around the underside of the table stands...Hmm...I'm guessing its a fashion statement...:)


The BBQ Pit

Oh hell yeah. Kudos to Mr. Chan for that amazing display of ingenuity. Thats like the coolest makeshift BBQ pit i've ever seen. Its clean, mess-free and convenient. See, bolts and nuts really do help a lot. I really wanna thank Mr. Chan and his family for having us at their place and letting us all create such a havoc there, with the whole toasting, mah jong and eccentric twister battle. I know for sure, my neighbours would have called the cops if they had to put up with our level of tormenting bellows and insane laughters. Muchas gracias!


The FOOD

It was in abundance. Plenty to indulge on, seriously. From chicken wings to salad. Prawns to squids. Cupcakes to choco banana. Garlic bread to marshmellows. Otak-otak to erm... ok i can't remember what else we had, what i know for sure is that it was a splendid spread of delicacies. Truth be told, it wasn't really about the food. Having good food was really just a bonus, it was the wholesome company that made it worth the while. It was the perfect avenue for the forging of such bonds of camaraderie. I loved it.

The GAMES

Right, unfortunately, no photos for this one on my part. I was too engrossed with trying to avoid being shoved off the twister mat. So there was twister, for those who were illiterate when it comes to Mahjong. The only thing i know about MJ is that, you need to shuffle them around the table before each round, and thats where i come in. Sheer pleasure derived from sliding the tiles around the green-felted table. Anyways, Hidayah won the 2nd round of twister and immediately retired after that. :) Twister was bloody hilarious. I'm not built for twister. I have bad coordination of the limbs and i had a bad KO, no thanks to the close proximity to Ivan. Bleargh. Stay away from guys when you are playing twister gerls. For real! Aaah but I think its a good workout though, like who needs Yoga when you have twister! My entire body was aching by the end of that night. We had a session of 'heartattack' too. Muahahaha. I slapped Amanda's hand, that got Ivan riled up, and he was motivated to slap mine, instead he slapped lil Crystal's hand! Asilah got beyond slapping, she basically punched Ivan's hand. Haha. Heartattack, the game that requires no justice at all. Oh, and the highlight of the game, losing a card and only to find it laid under adeline's foot. Ah ha! Her plan was busted. :P

Oh yes, the toast! It was long, neverending, bloody noisy and FUN! A proliferation of hopes. That marked the end of my presence. Haha, i had to go meet my parents at Harry's Orchard and it was a long walk out before i could get a decent sight of a bus or a taxi for that matter. Ah, but there was not a single vacant taxi that night. I breezed passed a stinky man on his bike who later stopped his bike to stare at me from an elevated spot. It was freaky, i was on my heels that instant. I walked like i could represent Singapore in the SEAGames. Seriously, freaked the hell out of me man. But i made it, alive. Phew.

So that was my first Uni-mate BBQ. It was a blast, need i say more? One thing is for sure, you guys are gonna attend the next gathering we have. Haiz, I love you guys! *sniffs* *sniffs*

*trods away in a drunken stupor*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Listen to me.

*yawns*

Staleness