I wanna complaint!
Countdown to my liberation: FIVE WEEKS & ONE DAY
It feels like time has come to another standstill yet again. I can't hurry it and there seem to be nothing i can do, while I'm waiting for time to pass me by. How does that sound?
Nevermind
I've heard of three deaths in less than a month. I know its probably nothing, considering the number of casualties amounting from the various chaos compounding our world today. But hey, their proximity (somehow) brings the essence of my current conflict with TIME, to another new level. Here i am praying for time to sprint by, while people at the other end are praying for it to slow down. Slow down, so they could have that last dinner with their wives, husbands and children. Slow down, so they could say their sorries and profess their wishes to tearful loved ones before them. Slow down so they could bring change to that unrequitted love. Slow down, so they can finish their conversations before they hit that treacherous turn…
My miseries amount to nothing when placed before the world, so too are my bliss.
***I'm being really random here, which is so NOT typical of me. I feel like a mess. Everything after this line is a result of my office boredom. It bears no reflection of my faith, my mantra in life or any other notion one would consider to be a part of me ***
“The fear of the lord is the beginning of wisdom.”
I have perpetually seen this line printed at the front of my exercise books back in my secondary school days. Back then, I was merely awed by the details displayed by the bold font, ignorant to the very meaning of the words. The truth of the words only began to surface years later and indeed the fear of the lord is the very beginning of ones’ wisdom.
Fear is shunned by most and its absence is much too glorified by the world. Much to the contrary really, fear is an essential part of our well-being. The recognition of fear leads us into a dimension of abstract realisation of what actually exists beyond that fear. Let us look at Adam, that lad who devoured the forbidden fruit. Now, had he known that the consumption of that fruit would bring him into a realm that’s devoid of any heavenly pursuits, a realm where bliss as well as pain could co-exist, had he known that there was something to fear for, would he still have ingested the fruit? Nay. I doubt it. Conceeding to fear is therefore a mere recognition of what beckons behind it. In the very essence of the word, thats where the wisdom lies.
Now, what then has the fear of the lord got to do with wisdom?
Fear not the lord, but what impends behind him.
***snaps out of this stupor***
Its 5:30pm! I'm heading home. *winks*
It feels like time has come to another standstill yet again. I can't hurry it and there seem to be nothing i can do, while I'm waiting for time to pass me by. How does that sound?
Nevermind
I've heard of three deaths in less than a month. I know its probably nothing, considering the number of casualties amounting from the various chaos compounding our world today. But hey, their proximity (somehow) brings the essence of my current conflict with TIME, to another new level. Here i am praying for time to sprint by, while people at the other end are praying for it to slow down. Slow down, so they could have that last dinner with their wives, husbands and children. Slow down, so they could say their sorries and profess their wishes to tearful loved ones before them. Slow down so they could bring change to that unrequitted love. Slow down, so they can finish their conversations before they hit that treacherous turn…
My miseries amount to nothing when placed before the world, so too are my bliss.
***I'm being really random here, which is so NOT typical of me. I feel like a mess. Everything after this line is a result of my office boredom. It bears no reflection of my faith, my mantra in life or any other notion one would consider to be a part of me ***
“The fear of the lord is the beginning of wisdom.”
I have perpetually seen this line printed at the front of my exercise books back in my secondary school days. Back then, I was merely awed by the details displayed by the bold font, ignorant to the very meaning of the words. The truth of the words only began to surface years later and indeed the fear of the lord is the very beginning of ones’ wisdom.
Fear is shunned by most and its absence is much too glorified by the world. Much to the contrary really, fear is an essential part of our well-being. The recognition of fear leads us into a dimension of abstract realisation of what actually exists beyond that fear. Let us look at Adam, that lad who devoured the forbidden fruit. Now, had he known that the consumption of that fruit would bring him into a realm that’s devoid of any heavenly pursuits, a realm where bliss as well as pain could co-exist, had he known that there was something to fear for, would he still have ingested the fruit? Nay. I doubt it. Conceeding to fear is therefore a mere recognition of what beckons behind it. In the very essence of the word, thats where the wisdom lies.
Now, what then has the fear of the lord got to do with wisdom?
Fear not the lord, but what impends behind him.
***snaps out of this stupor***
Its 5:30pm! I'm heading home. *winks*
Comments