Jump Jump!
Countdown to my liberation: FIVE WEEKS & THREE DAYS
My supervisor came. It was like parent-teachers meeting. Only difference here is, my parents weren't there. Freaky. Oh well, but it went smoothly. I actually manage to hold a decent conversation with my very physically intimidating supervisor. *shudders*
I realised, oh well, i think HE too would have realised how fond i am of generalisation. Seriously, I would like to think i don't generalise and have stereotypical notions of stuff around me, but, i would be delusional if i did that. Ok, so he worked for the UN before he got into academics. Well, according to the Unicef website, you need to be able to speak english as well as another widely spoken language around the world, that would include those like french, spanish and some others i couldnt careless about. Isn't unicef like a subsidiary of the UN or something along that line? Too late, if it isn't, don't tell me.
So, i asked him, what was the other language that you spoke that gained you access into the UN org. Heh, he said you don't neccessarily need another language. I was like, oh no, he's gonna think i'm stupid. I felt like a bimbo for that split second, but that feeling vanished for a bit when he continued talking. "I speak a lil of french." Ah ha!...a sudden inflation of the head.
"Muahahahahh!" I laughed heartily, in silence. Ok so i walked him out. And then i did it again. That blatant generalisatioN! *smacks the forehead* I led him out through the back door and asked him where he parked his car. Yes, Vinna's second bimbo moment. He then told me, he took a taxi here. How could i not know that! He just got here, it's been a little more than a month! Not all lecturers have cars. Joseph doesn't! A victim of my own blatant generalisation. Thank god he didn't stay long enough to witness the unfolding of a black-head bimbo. *shakes head in despair*
Anyways, he is nice. Pretty daunting, but nice. He admitted having a lil too much time at hand, which kinda explains why MY supervisor is paying me a visit and YOURS isn't. I sometimes ask too much questions for my own good. He almost wanted to find me a QS company so i could be attached there instead of a Management agent. Hehe. Tempting, but i'm done with making regretful choices. So, I passed. Besides, I've got another four clean weeks and I'm FREEEEEE like a bird....a kuku bird i may be, but a BIRD nonetheless!
*I'm at ease*
---So damn at ease, I love being ridiculous!
My supervisor came. It was like parent-teachers meeting. Only difference here is, my parents weren't there. Freaky. Oh well, but it went smoothly. I actually manage to hold a decent conversation with my very physically intimidating supervisor. *shudders*
I realised, oh well, i think HE too would have realised how fond i am of generalisation. Seriously, I would like to think i don't generalise and have stereotypical notions of stuff around me, but, i would be delusional if i did that. Ok, so he worked for the UN before he got into academics. Well, according to the Unicef website, you need to be able to speak english as well as another widely spoken language around the world, that would include those like french, spanish and some others i couldnt careless about. Isn't unicef like a subsidiary of the UN or something along that line? Too late, if it isn't, don't tell me.
So, i asked him, what was the other language that you spoke that gained you access into the UN org. Heh, he said you don't neccessarily need another language. I was like, oh no, he's gonna think i'm stupid. I felt like a bimbo for that split second, but that feeling vanished for a bit when he continued talking. "I speak a lil of french." Ah ha!...a sudden inflation of the head.
"Muahahahahh!" I laughed heartily, in silence. Ok so i walked him out. And then i did it again. That blatant generalisatioN! *smacks the forehead* I led him out through the back door and asked him where he parked his car. Yes, Vinna's second bimbo moment. He then told me, he took a taxi here. How could i not know that! He just got here, it's been a little more than a month! Not all lecturers have cars. Joseph doesn't! A victim of my own blatant generalisation. Thank god he didn't stay long enough to witness the unfolding of a black-head bimbo. *shakes head in despair*
Anyways, he is nice. Pretty daunting, but nice. He admitted having a lil too much time at hand, which kinda explains why MY supervisor is paying me a visit and YOURS isn't. I sometimes ask too much questions for my own good. He almost wanted to find me a QS company so i could be attached there instead of a Management agent. Hehe. Tempting, but i'm done with making regretful choices. So, I passed. Besides, I've got another four clean weeks and I'm FREEEEEE like a bird....a kuku bird i may be, but a BIRD nonetheless!
*I'm at ease*
---So damn at ease, I love being ridiculous!
Comments