Pre-Birthday Nightmare. Ha!
Countdown to my liberation: TWO WEEKS & FOUR DAYS
Yes, I have turned 22 over the weekends. Thanks to my lovely pals, I had a pre-birthday celebration which I shared with darling Sherlin.
Pre-Birthday Blues
Fig N olive (Vivo) was the venue, despite having seen nature's exploitation on figs. *nerve-curling.* When the clock strike 5, I immediately dashed out of the office. Oh yes, I was THAT excited about our meet up. You know, the thing about my punctuality is, it cease to exist when I'm in school. If I so much as hear a whisper saying BBQ, picnic, dinner, lunch, or even Zoo outing, rest assured, I'm never gonna be late. So there I was on the train, suddenly inundated by smses from people still at work, asking me where was I? I thought perhaps, they were gonna be as early, but no, hopes dashed. Vivo roof pool/boardwalk never fails to entertain me, thankfully. There I was seated in solitude and watching Oscar Wilde's Woman of no Importance unfolding before my eyes. I was oblivious to the surrounding before being brought back to reality by several calls from adel, who couldn’t locate me. Hehe.
So Adel arrived, then Claryce came, then there was Sherlin and lastly, Jing Xian strolled in. We headed for F n O and there, we saw Asilah, she was memorising the menu, with her back to us. We seated at the reserved seats before our VERY enthusiastic waiter came by. *rolls eyes* Oh wait, Dayah arrived a lil after that, sorry I jumped the gun, coz the waiter really irked me. Ok so, I irked him back by asking him to take a picture of us. Ha! SO we ordered, take more pictures (which I can't seem to upload on that moody yahoo group) and talked. Strangely, the talks pivot around braces, work and dayah wanting to get dessert. All the time I was there, I was battling the vivid image of that fig I saw on animal planet, no thanks to Jeff Corwin and niggling voices telling something just wasn't right with this pretty picture... It kinda explains why I'm a slow eater, I have plenty other images that would translate the food I have on my plate to something else, something only the animal kingdom renders delicious. Watching too much animal planet for my own good I guess. I've always thought I was really good at masking my emotions. I know I am, but there are several people out there who sees right through me. Bleargh, as much as I hate to admit that!




So we downed the food, got the plates cleared off by the oh-so-bloody-enthu kid, while dayah & asilah sneaked off under the pretext of wanting to go to the toilet. Which was rather strange coz, they head into the main dining area and merely exchanged a couple of words with the guy behind the cash register. At first I thought there was actually a restroom in the restaurant itself, but I later dismissed the idea, coz the ladies came strolling back with that huge grin on their faces, and shifty eyes. Ahhh shifty eyes indeed. Hidayah came in, promulgating how sorry she was for ordering desserts without asking the rest, something I couldn't quite comprehend, considering this is after all the girl who would suffocate me with her Victoria secret perfume when I need just a drop of fragrant, she's also the one who wouldn't start eating unless everyone at the table has had their food served. SO, there was something amiss. :p And those covet chuckles, god how mischievous! Moments later, a waiter came in with a sinfully gorgeous cake with four unlighted candles. I couldn't help but smile. It wasn't just a flawed sense of paranoia after all. three big candles and three small ones. Either, someone is 33 years old or theres a 22 year old lass and an 11 year old kid at the table. I couldn't quite figure out. I hate waiters who just couldn't get benign details like this right. Again, I had this niggling voice in me that tells me its the fault of the super-enthu dude, since he did forget about asilah's tuna. Truth be told, it was really a strange evening. First, the smsed, then the unenthu kid, followed by the covert chuckles and silent eye conversation between the lot, next came the peculiar 'sweetheart' addressed to one of the other waiter by our dear asilah. Hahaha. That was funny, we were all like, "Why him?! (asilah)" Ok so birthday song, checked. Birthday wishes, checked. Candles blown, checked.
It was time for the opening of the presents. Now, I of course, had no expectations of any presents, ok I lied. I was expecting a present but I wasn't planning on ripping it open then. It was after all a couple of days to my birthday and I wasn’t rightfully 22 then. So I hinted, that sherlin should rightfully be opening her presents first. Of course, you would all have known how that ended up to be. *sticks tongue out*
I was handed this package, wrapped in a shape of a humongous sweet. How cute, I thought. Then, everyone started to have that wide, really freaky, huge grin on their face. If you've seen The RUndown, you'd know what I mean. Its the effect one would get after you eat that native Brazilian fruit. For dayah, it didn't just stop there, she had a really loud ,"Vinna, It's soooo you!" booming out of her. This was of course echoed by the rest, well not as feisty as dayah though. Adel and asilah were laughing and covertly whispering to each other, so not typical of them. Claryce had that smile, if I could call it, but she was strangely silent. I didn't know why. Jing Xian was smiling too, smugly. Sherlin, well, she was quiet too. Ok, now my mind was at work...
I undo the wrapping and plucked out my gift amidst those 'bliss'. I was greeted by the sight of a camouflage ultra mini skirt, for someone you know, blessed with a not so average hind.

My mind: Seriously??? The sight of moving tombstones ripped through my head, I know for sure, my grandparents are gonna toss and turn when they catch me in this. I was only walking out of my room with that thing barely covering my loins while Mummy screamed her lungs out at me like she did before when I got my tongue pierced. Dad was shaking his head in utter disbelief. My sisters were singing praises, with the rest of the present-givers. Oh dear, keep the smile up Vinna, I can sustain! My friends bought me a present they thought was sooo me, so erm, the least I could do is smile and look like I've always wanted it. Having said that, maybe try to reconstruct the 'message' I've been sending out to my peers all these years. Oh no.
My face: WOw! Ohhh man, you guys are wow. Thank you! I've always wanted to get something like this. Yea, its so me, like I couldn't have asked for a better gift. Yes, dayah, it matches my camou bag. Amazing isn't it. What claryce? You want me to try it? Oh, maybe later. Really? I should pose with erm with this thing, right, here I go Asilah. Are you serious Adel, Sherlin n Jing Xian? You think I should wear this on the first day of school huh? SURE! *contorted smile*
My mind: I may break. I can't hold this smile any longer. Oh thank god, its Sherlin's turn to rip open her presents. Phew. Oh wow, she has more than a skimpy skirt. She has a hair clip and the top is so seriously her. Well, my skirt isn't me, is it? *brushes those thoughts away* Ah, finally got to see that bra. Hehe. Ok This ain't right, Adel & Asilah are still chuckling in their own world, and now they are peeking at me and dammit, I will snatch that camera from her if this wasn't such a blissful cake-cutting dinner. Those sinister smiles have got to stop.
My face: Hey, that is such a nice hair clip. It's so cute. Wow. For real man.
My mind: I want to eat the cake! And perhaps ponder over what I've been like to deserve a sinfully tiny skirt. Ah, for the love of god, what did I do? Aha, finally, someones cutting the cake, yum.

Right, so after indulging on the cake, the lot started to fess' up. They handed me another wrapped package and took my skirt away, i was already getting used to it by then. Plotting out my dialogue with my parents when i get home. Apparently, the skirt belonged to Adel's sister, who is definitely smaller than me lah. And so the story goes, that entire thing was a gimmick to get back at me, for not telling them outright, what I really wanted and for wanting a surprise! Pui, lesson learnt. Ahh, but it was good. At least now I know my gut feeling is most of the time quite accurate. ;) Good one gerls! Rest assured, its not gonna leave my memory any time soon. By the way , I like the panties! If civil codes cease to exist, I would seriously sashay into town with it, yep I like it that much.
On a serious note though, I really would like to thank you guys for that most awesome evening. I have never been to any dinner much like the one we had. Anyways, you guys should know that, outings with you people are always nothing short of fun. Man, what would life be without you guys ey. My heartfelt gratitude goes out to Claryce, Asilah, Adeline, Hidayah, Jing Xian, Hui Shan, Hui Li, Sher Lin my June-mate and Yes, the two mates in Beijing, Jia Hui & Yuan Jing. Please, these names are real ok (I did not make them up), and in no particular order. Sheesh. Love you guys! For real. ;p
Yes, I have turned 22 over the weekends. Thanks to my lovely pals, I had a pre-birthday celebration which I shared with darling Sherlin.
Pre-Birthday Blues
Fig N olive (Vivo) was the venue, despite having seen nature's exploitation on figs. *nerve-curling.* When the clock strike 5, I immediately dashed out of the office. Oh yes, I was THAT excited about our meet up. You know, the thing about my punctuality is, it cease to exist when I'm in school. If I so much as hear a whisper saying BBQ, picnic, dinner, lunch, or even Zoo outing, rest assured, I'm never gonna be late. So there I was on the train, suddenly inundated by smses from people still at work, asking me where was I? I thought perhaps, they were gonna be as early, but no, hopes dashed. Vivo roof pool/boardwalk never fails to entertain me, thankfully. There I was seated in solitude and watching Oscar Wilde's Woman of no Importance unfolding before my eyes. I was oblivious to the surrounding before being brought back to reality by several calls from adel, who couldn’t locate me. Hehe.
So Adel arrived, then Claryce came, then there was Sherlin and lastly, Jing Xian strolled in. We headed for F n O and there, we saw Asilah, she was memorising the menu, with her back to us. We seated at the reserved seats before our VERY enthusiastic waiter came by. *rolls eyes* Oh wait, Dayah arrived a lil after that, sorry I jumped the gun, coz the waiter really irked me. Ok so, I irked him back by asking him to take a picture of us. Ha! SO we ordered, take more pictures (which I can't seem to upload on that moody yahoo group) and talked. Strangely, the talks pivot around braces, work and dayah wanting to get dessert. All the time I was there, I was battling the vivid image of that fig I saw on animal planet, no thanks to Jeff Corwin and niggling voices telling something just wasn't right with this pretty picture... It kinda explains why I'm a slow eater, I have plenty other images that would translate the food I have on my plate to something else, something only the animal kingdom renders delicious. Watching too much animal planet for my own good I guess. I've always thought I was really good at masking my emotions. I know I am, but there are several people out there who sees right through me. Bleargh, as much as I hate to admit that!
So we downed the food, got the plates cleared off by the oh-so-bloody-enthu kid, while dayah & asilah sneaked off under the pretext of wanting to go to the toilet. Which was rather strange coz, they head into the main dining area and merely exchanged a couple of words with the guy behind the cash register. At first I thought there was actually a restroom in the restaurant itself, but I later dismissed the idea, coz the ladies came strolling back with that huge grin on their faces, and shifty eyes. Ahhh shifty eyes indeed. Hidayah came in, promulgating how sorry she was for ordering desserts without asking the rest, something I couldn't quite comprehend, considering this is after all the girl who would suffocate me with her Victoria secret perfume when I need just a drop of fragrant, she's also the one who wouldn't start eating unless everyone at the table has had their food served. SO, there was something amiss. :p And those covet chuckles, god how mischievous! Moments later, a waiter came in with a sinfully gorgeous cake with four unlighted candles. I couldn't help but smile. It wasn't just a flawed sense of paranoia after all. three big candles and three small ones. Either, someone is 33 years old or theres a 22 year old lass and an 11 year old kid at the table. I couldn't quite figure out. I hate waiters who just couldn't get benign details like this right. Again, I had this niggling voice in me that tells me its the fault of the super-enthu dude, since he did forget about asilah's tuna. Truth be told, it was really a strange evening. First, the smsed, then the unenthu kid, followed by the covert chuckles and silent eye conversation between the lot, next came the peculiar 'sweetheart' addressed to one of the other waiter by our dear asilah. Hahaha. That was funny, we were all like, "Why him?! (asilah)" Ok so birthday song, checked. Birthday wishes, checked. Candles blown, checked.
It was time for the opening of the presents. Now, I of course, had no expectations of any presents, ok I lied. I was expecting a present but I wasn't planning on ripping it open then. It was after all a couple of days to my birthday and I wasn’t rightfully 22 then. So I hinted, that sherlin should rightfully be opening her presents first. Of course, you would all have known how that ended up to be. *sticks tongue out*
I was handed this package, wrapped in a shape of a humongous sweet. How cute, I thought. Then, everyone started to have that wide, really freaky, huge grin on their face. If you've seen The RUndown, you'd know what I mean. Its the effect one would get after you eat that native Brazilian fruit. For dayah, it didn't just stop there, she had a really loud ,"Vinna, It's soooo you!" booming out of her. This was of course echoed by the rest, well not as feisty as dayah though. Adel and asilah were laughing and covertly whispering to each other, so not typical of them. Claryce had that smile, if I could call it, but she was strangely silent. I didn't know why. Jing Xian was smiling too, smugly. Sherlin, well, she was quiet too. Ok, now my mind was at work...
I undo the wrapping and plucked out my gift amidst those 'bliss'. I was greeted by the sight of a camouflage ultra mini skirt, for someone you know, blessed with a not so average hind.
==========
My mind: Seriously??? The sight of moving tombstones ripped through my head, I know for sure, my grandparents are gonna toss and turn when they catch me in this. I was only walking out of my room with that thing barely covering my loins while Mummy screamed her lungs out at me like she did before when I got my tongue pierced. Dad was shaking his head in utter disbelief. My sisters were singing praises, with the rest of the present-givers. Oh dear, keep the smile up Vinna, I can sustain! My friends bought me a present they thought was sooo me, so erm, the least I could do is smile and look like I've always wanted it. Having said that, maybe try to reconstruct the 'message' I've been sending out to my peers all these years. Oh no.
My face: WOw! Ohhh man, you guys are wow. Thank you! I've always wanted to get something like this. Yea, its so me, like I couldn't have asked for a better gift. Yes, dayah, it matches my camou bag. Amazing isn't it. What claryce? You want me to try it? Oh, maybe later. Really? I should pose with erm with this thing, right, here I go Asilah. Are you serious Adel, Sherlin n Jing Xian? You think I should wear this on the first day of school huh? SURE! *contorted smile*
My mind: I may break. I can't hold this smile any longer. Oh thank god, its Sherlin's turn to rip open her presents. Phew. Oh wow, she has more than a skimpy skirt. She has a hair clip and the top is so seriously her. Well, my skirt isn't me, is it? *brushes those thoughts away* Ah, finally got to see that bra. Hehe. Ok This ain't right, Adel & Asilah are still chuckling in their own world, and now they are peeking at me and dammit, I will snatch that camera from her if this wasn't such a blissful cake-cutting dinner. Those sinister smiles have got to stop.
My face: Hey, that is such a nice hair clip. It's so cute. Wow. For real man.
My mind: I want to eat the cake! And perhaps ponder over what I've been like to deserve a sinfully tiny skirt. Ah, for the love of god, what did I do? Aha, finally, someones cutting the cake, yum.
==========
Right, so after indulging on the cake, the lot started to fess' up. They handed me another wrapped package and took my skirt away, i was already getting used to it by then. Plotting out my dialogue with my parents when i get home. Apparently, the skirt belonged to Adel's sister, who is definitely smaller than me lah. And so the story goes, that entire thing was a gimmick to get back at me, for not telling them outright, what I really wanted and for wanting a surprise! Pui, lesson learnt. Ahh, but it was good. At least now I know my gut feeling is most of the time quite accurate. ;) Good one gerls! Rest assured, its not gonna leave my memory any time soon. By the way , I like the panties! If civil codes cease to exist, I would seriously sashay into town with it, yep I like it that much.
On a serious note though, I really would like to thank you guys for that most awesome evening. I have never been to any dinner much like the one we had. Anyways, you guys should know that, outings with you people are always nothing short of fun. Man, what would life be without you guys ey. My heartfelt gratitude goes out to Claryce, Asilah, Adeline, Hidayah, Jing Xian, Hui Shan, Hui Li, Sher Lin my June-mate and Yes, the two mates in Beijing, Jia Hui & Yuan Jing. Please, these names are real ok (I did not make them up), and in no particular order. Sheesh. Love you guys! For real. ;p
-------------------
Comments